Duplex Stainless Steel Casting
We specialize in the customized production of duplex stainless steel castings. Our manufacturing capability of duplex stainless steel casting weight ranges from 1g to 220kg. The maximum overall size of casting is 1,000mm * 620mm * 380mm. The minimum wall thickness is 0.5mm.
We maintain proactive communication with our customers to assure that we fully understand our customers’ requirements and produce parts with the desired characteristics in the most cost effective manner.
If you are looking for duplex stainless steel casting, get in touch today and we will provide you with an accurate quote and our best services.
General Duplex Stainless Steel Information
Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 is the most widely used duplex stainless steel grade. Also Known as: UNS: UNS S31803 – UNS S32205; SAF: SAF 2205® 22Cr; ASME SA-182 (F51), SA-182 (F60), SA-240, SA-798, SA-790, SA-815; ASTM A182 (F51), A182 (F60), A240, A276, A479, A480, A789, A790, A815, A928, A988; SAE J405
Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 is also called as Duplex 2205. The term of “Duplex” means that the steel consists of a two-phase microstructure — both ferritic stainless steel and austenitic stainless steel. Nitrogen is enhanced in Duplex 2205 comparing to other duplex stainless steel.
The Advantage of Duplex Stainless Steel Casting:
It combines the benefits of ferritic alloy (which provides high strength & stress corrosion cracking resistance) and austenitic alloy (which provides corrosion resistance & easy on fabrication.
Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 is very cost-effective for various applications that require corrosion resistance. The combination of chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen provides good resistance to crevice corrosion and chloride pitting. Corrosion resistance is highly important for applications in marine environments, bleaching operations, and food processing etc.
|Chemical Composition of Duplex Stainless Steel 2205|
|2.00 Max||1.00 Max||0.030 Max||0.020 Max||Balance|
Characteristics of 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Casting:
- High Strength
- Great resistance to chloride crevice and pitting corrosion
- Great resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking
- Good resistance to sulfide stress corrosion resistance
- Good general corrosion resistance
Applications of 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Casting:
- Chemical process vessels, heat exchangers and piping
- Oil field piping and heat exchangers
- Bleach washers, chip pre-steaming vessels and pulp mill digesters,
- Flue gas desulfurization equipment
- Food processing equipment
Duplex Stainless Steel Casting Parts
- American Foundry Society. “Investment Casting FAQs”, “Choosing Between Permanent Mold and Die Casting”, “Sand Molding Processes”
- Wikipedia. “Investment Casting“, “Sand Casting“
- efunda. “Sand Casting“
- FBSFittings, LLC. “Casting Fittings“
- The Investment Casting Institute. “What is Investment Casting?“
- FBSCasting, LLC. “Investment Casting Strainers“
- The Library of Manufacturing. “Investment Casting“
- BMG Titanium “Casting Titanium“
- FDCasting, LLC. “Stainless Steel Casting“
Our Internal Resources for Die Casting, Investment casting, Forging and Sand Casting
- Die Casting(Aluminum Die Casting, Zinc Die Casting)
- Investment Casting
- Hot Forging
- Cold Forging
- Stainless Steel Casting
- Duplex Stainless Steel Casting
- Super Duplex Stainless Steel Casting
- Titanium Casting
- Sand Casting (Aluminum Sand Casting, Ductile Iron Sand Casting, Gray Iron Sand Casting)